Late Kumar Gautam

1981 – 2008 AD

Kumar Gautam was born on 4th July 1981 at Tilganga-8 Kathmandu, Nepal to Mr. Bishnu Gautam and Mrs. Laxmi Gautam. He completed his graduation in HISTORY from Ratna Rajya Laxmi Campus, Bhirkutimundap.

After completion of college studies, he started learning Chinese Language and began his career as a Freelance Chinese Tourist Guide in 2001 AD after attending the training of “Trekking Guide” and “Culture Guide”.

In 2008 A.D., he founded a new company “Shung Qi Tours Pvt. Ltd.” He attended various travel fairs in China, India and Hong Kong to promote tourism in Nepal, representing the country, on behalf of Shauang Qi tours Pvt. Ltd.

To satisfy his interest in social welfare activities, he closely associated himself with Lions Club of Kathmandu Rising Sun, Kapan and served as a Charter member. He was also personally involved in social welfare activities and helped the children of remote areas, sponsoring dozens of computers and stationeries to many schools. He also offered financial assistance to “Sakriyan plus”, an AIDS Rehab center in Banepa. His belief was ‘Education is the foundation for the improvement’. He was a smart, charming, friendly and very well loved by family, relatives, friend, colleagues, and everybody who knew him. He amazed everybody with his enviable career in such very short period of time with his promising talent. He left us shocking on 29th December 2008 at the tender age of 28 in a fateful motorcycle accident in front of Media village near the Tribhuvan Intl. Airport, some 500 meters away from home. He died instantly when his motorcycle hit the electric pole at the left side returning home from his colleagues’ house.

It was one of the darkest nights in our life that grabbed away our precious jewel.


Late Balram Gautam

1985 – 2009 AD

Balram Gautam was born on December 20, 1985. He started his studies from Lotus Eye Tiny Tots Secondary School. Later he joined Capital College and Research Center for his higher studies.

After finishing his intermediate level of studies, he joined Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma to pursue his higher education studies in Math and Computer Science.  He was well loved among his colleagues in the university for his simplicity, ever smiling nature and helpfulness. Besides, he was very brilliant in his studies and was determined to achieve his goal. Consequently, he had completed his graduation in Magna Cum Laude Degrees in Math and Computer Science.

At NWOSU, he was elected as the President of the Math’s Club and the Treasurer of Computer Science Club. Apart from that, he was also actively involved in the International Students’ Association. With his hard and diligent efforts, he was the university topper in Math’s in 2008, having also been honored with President and Vice-President Honors and was awarded ‘Outstanding Senior Award’ in 2009.

After completing his Graduation, he was engaged with Woodward Regional Hospital as an IT System Administrator. During his tenure, he always followed the existing rules and regulations as well as the codes of conduct of an international student. He was working hard to pay back his debts occurred during his studies. After clearing the debts, he was planning to come back to his homeland and accompany his bereaved family, which was in shock after losing the eldest son in a tragic accident.  He also had aspirations and plans to serve the motherland.  That could not be accomplished because the harsh law of nature forced him to leave this world at the tender age of 26. On the fateful night of 3rd October 2009, just after nine months of his elder brother’s fatal accident, he also met the same fate when he was traveling towards his friends’ home.  His car was found crossing the center line, going off the road and then hitting the embankment and rolling three and half times coming to rest on its top. The OHP fatality report stated that he was pinned for one and a half hour inside the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene from head injuries. He was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident. The cause of the accident is still unknown. He was born in the full moon day and also departed from this world on the full moon day leaving all the family members, relatives, friend, colleagues and the well-wishers grieved.